Now it's 2017 and I finally gotten the mood to write a blog post for looking back 2016, let's do this 😝.
- Finished internship as a software tester in a MNC company
- Received full time offer from the company but rejected, welp no regret 😗
- Frantically searching for freelance task as I am insecure on no income
- Managed to get one freelance task from previous client. This project earned me near to $USD 2k, which is the highest paid freelance I have ever did (as of the time of posting this)
- Applied for a full time position at a local startup funded by another large company, got accepted, yay 'w'/
February - September 2016
- Worked full time as an iOS developer, kinda happy working there and learned a lot from colleagues. Especially the Android developer colleague lol, he studied communication engineering but he taught himself programming until being able to code Android app from scratch, his Android/Java skill is even better than some professional java programmer I knew.
- A junior/friend of mine which is still in university did an Android app mockup of my previous app idea and shown it to me. I got really touched and rekindled the passion for the app, I cleaned up the backend code and launched the app together with my friends. Turned out to be success 😁 , more details about the app here .
- Started going to local monthly Ruby dev meetup and iOS dev meetup, get to know a lot of awesome developer there 'w'/
- Resigned from the company at mid September.
October - December 2016
- Applied and started a new job as iOS developer at another company
- Went iOS Conf SG 2016, get to see and talk to big shot programmer from Yelp, Realm, Instagram, LINE, Ray Wenderlich! Learnt a lot and made some friend there.
- Volunteered again for Comic Fiesta, didnt walk around much because busy with stuff but still had fun with friends.
Took some small freelance task and drew some fox girl in 2016 also, huhuhu 😝.
Wish everyone a happy new year and hope that 2017 will be a good year for everyone! 'w'/